An exciting opportunity has arisen for a marketeer to manage and coordinate film campaign marketing activities across all documentary titles.
Reporting to the Head of Distribution & Acquisitions some of the main duties will
- Developing marketing plans and strategy, including budgets and targets for each release.
- Ensuring strategy on each film release is presented to the team collaboratively.
- Researching and monitoring competitor activity and compiling reports on marketing activity.
- Maintaining a database of promotional, sponsorship and commercial contacts.
- Liaising with media agencies for trailers/posters and managing artwork production.
- Working with filmmakers for approval on artwork for poster campaigns.
- Working closely with Head of HE on marketing and partnership ideas.
- Driving commercial, promotional and sponsorship opportunities for each film release, liaising and developing corporate relationships with brands, media and promotional partners.
- Working closely with the international sales team to ensure all marketing assets and approach are consistent across each release.
- Pitching and sell screenings of our films to corporate, charity and out-reach groups.
Skills & Experience
- At least 3 years of working at a film distributor within a marketing role is essential
- A true passion for documentaries
- A good knowledge of the industry with a strong network of contacts
- Strong relationships with media agencies
How to apply
Please respond with cover letter and CVs to email@example.com
Sunday 16 December
Dogwoof Student Internship Programmes
Dogwoof is a specialist UK distributor with a focus on documentary films. We offer student internship programmes that will give successful applicants an introduction to the world of film distribution working in a busy central-London office with a team of experienced film professionals.
Experience working in film distribution or other film roles will be an advantage but is by no means essential. We are looking for people used to working in an office environment, who are not afraid to speak up and offer an original opinion and point of view. Ideal candidates will be confident speaking on the phone, have good task-management skills and familiarity with social media – and of course, a passion for independent film!
Full-time; start-date flexible
Length: 1 - 9 months
We are taking applications for unpaid work experience placements that constitute a formal requirement of a UK-based further or higher education course or EU Lifelong Learning Programmes (Leonardo da Vinci, European Community Youth in Action, Erasmus or Comenius). Documentation from the institution will be required.
If you are interested in applying, please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading 'Internship Application - Your Name', stating your availability in the email.
Dogwoof are working in partnership with the BFI on their Diversity Standards and in particular welcome applications from candidates from underrepresented groups. (for more information on this please see http://www.bfi.org.uk/about-bfi/policy-strategy/diversity/diversity-standards).