NEW: WEB AND DIGITAL MARKETING COORDINATOR
We are currently looking for somebody to join the marketing team who will be responsible for developing and executing social media strategies and managing all websites, in line with business goals.
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Measuring social media campaigns: A key aspect of your role will be to measure the success of campaigns. This will involve detailed analysis of which updates drive the most engagement, how this is affecting sales and what sort of feedback the audience is providing.
- Managing all Dogwoof websites: You will be responsible for ensuring all Dogwoof websites are completely up to date, and content is current, fresh, and changing according to whichever events take place.
- Coordinating Facebook and twitter accounts for Dogwoof brand and individual films
- Sourcing and developing great content: You will need to know what interests your audience and how you can grab their attention and make them listen. As well as this, you will have to create fantastic content yourself.
- Understanding and using data / running online ads / creating SEO strategy.
- Monitoring Trends: You will monitor trends in the world of social media and identify any possible opportunities, paying an active interest in the wider social environment, and be able to develop appropriate responses.
- Optimizing tags, on our feeds, sharing sites like YouTube/Flickr and search engines through copywriting, creative & keyword optimization & buzz pocket mining.
- Build and maintain our content distribution network by way of social media channels
- Analysing campaigns and translating anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising the social media campaigns.
Skills & Experience
- A thorough and in-depth understanding of Digital Marketing and Social Media gained within a media company/Agency
- Ability to demonstrate effective PPC optimisation techniques, and experience of creation, administration, and reporting of PPC campaigns across all channels
- Strong understanding of SEO practices and optimisation tactics
- Experience of Google AdWords and Google Analytic
- Creative use of Adobe Photoshop or InDesign
- Ability to coordinate the planning, production and analytics of all email communications to customers via Mailchimp
- Experience of creating content for various channels including web, email and digital marketing
- Experience of managing multiple social media channels and accounts including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram
HOW TO APPLY: If you think this is a job for you, e-mail Susan (firstname.lastname@example.org) and explain what it is you can bring to the Dogwoof team and why you are the perfect candidate. Please attach your CV. Deadline: 10 April
INTERNATIONAL FILM/TV SALES & ACQUISITIONS EXECUTIVE
Dogwoof is looking for an entrepreneurial Sales & Acquisitions Executive to look after international broadcast / digital sales of our award-winning documentaries, and to develop Dogwoof’s new documentary series arm.
This is a unique role with endless possibilities for growth, and you will be joining at a crucial moment where the company is growing its production arm and entering the high-quality series market.
We are looking for someone who understands Dogwoof’s niche and leading position in the market, someone who has experience in the independent sector, and who understands the value of all deals from the smallest local broadcaster to world platform deals.
This is a role for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, and strong creative vision, who wants to be part of an innovative, highly respected and dynamic team. We are looking for someone who can think outside the box and lead the way in helping us create our ultimate vision: to become the world’s biggest powerhouse of true stories, fully integrated, producing, selling and distributing documentaries, series, and identifying top true stories to turn into remakes and other formats.
Reporting directly to the CEO, you will need to have a very good understanding of P&L and experience of handling high level meetings. You will be an all-rounder prepared to get your hands dirty at any point. You need to be an inspiring leader, who can motivate and get the best out of people. We are looking for the ultimate team player, someone who can fit right into Dogwoof’s very flat structure.
The ideal candidate will have direct experience and a strong track record in international sales and acquisitions. You will have an extensive network of film & TV buyers, as well as producers. You will ideally be based in London, and will have attended key TV & film markets, and you’ll be very familiar with sales & acquisitions deal structures.
Some of the other responsibilities within the role will be:
- Attend film markets for sales & acquisitions
- TV co-production deals
- Sales, pre-sales
- Work closely with producers, and financing partners to develop projects for commercial viability
- Complete deals with broadcasters and VOD platforms and manage the whole process from initial approach to materials delivery.
- Liaise with the filmmakers keeping them updated of our sales and marketing efforts.
- Keep up to date with industry news and identify titles that may have international sales potential with a view to securing top quality content as early as possible.
- Screen films and identify commercial projects to ahead of competitors to ensure continued growth and profits.
HOW TO APPLY: If you think this is a job for you, e-mail Susan (email@example.com) and explain what it is you can bring to the Dogwoof team and why you are the perfect candidate. Please attach your CV. Deadline: 15 April
Dogwoof Student Internship Programmes
Dogwoof is a specialist UK distributor with a focus on documentary films. We offer student internship programmes that will give successful applicants an introduction to the world of film distribution working in a busy central-London office with a team of experienced film professionals.
Experience working in film distribution or other film roles will be an advantage but is by no means essential. We are looking for people used to working in an office environment, who are not afraid to speak up and offer an original opinion and point of view. Ideal candidates will be confident speaking on the phone, have good task-management skills and familiarity with social media – and of course, a passion for independent film!
Full-time; start-date flexible
We are taking applications for unpaid work experience placements that constitute a formal requirment of a UK-based further or higher education course or EU Lifelong Learning Programmes (Leonardo da Vinci, European Community Youth in Action, Erasmus or Comenius). Documentation from the institution will be required
To apply for a student internship, please send a CV & cover-letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dogwoof are working in partnership with the BFI on their Diversity Standards and in particular welcome applications from candidates from underrepresented groups. (for more information on this please see http://www.bfi.org.uk/about-bfi/policy-strategy/diversity/diversity-standards).