January 3rd, 2012
2011 was a bit of a belter for Dogwoof. We grew by 5 people, purchased a new coffee-maker, had a few haircuts and advertised on a London black cab! Here's our 2011 top ten:
1. Premiere of HOW MUCH DOES YOUR BUILDING WEIGH, MR FOSTER with special guest, MR. FOSTER
2. RESTREPO and GASLAND receive Academy Award nominations
3. Times journalist, Kevin Maher, joins the world of Popup Cinema and screens A SMALL ACT in his kid's local school
4. Tarantino producer, Lawrence Bender hosts the BAFTA premiere of COUNTDOWN TO ZERO with Her Majesty Queen Noor of Jordan
5. Chess Grandmaster Nigel Short takes on 20 opponents, including snooker-player Steve Davis at the launch of BOBBY FISCHER AGAINST THE WORLD
6. Steve James (legend) enthralls audiences over his London visit for THE INTERRUPTERS during the London riots. Particularly thrilling at the Genesis where we had a cinema lock-in
7. Dogwoof Global launches global sales with the world premiere of GIRL MODEL at Toronto Film Festival
8. David Carr comes to London for the launch of PAGE ONE: INSIDE THE NEW YORK TIMES and visits The Guardian offices to chat with editor Alan Rusbridger
9. Errol Morris (legend) gives the annual David Lean lecture at BAFTA during the promotional tour for TABLOID
10. DREAMS OF A LIFE takes the UK by storm following its world premiere at LFF.
Dogwoof also remembers the sad passing of Tim Hetherington and Mike Campbell.
So thanks for following us and roll on 2012. Dogwoof's top tips for the new year? BILL CUNNINGHAM NEW YORK, BOMBAY BEACH, GIRL MODEL and perhaps some golden figurines?