Dogwoof has an ethical policy and keep to it// we love being in our shoes // new technologies are the way forward // we respect people and talk to them// we are proud of our size, and our partners// we value individuals and interactions over processes and tools//
The price of inaction is far greater than the cost of a mistake.
Doing nothing is a bad business strategy.
Enjoy what you do.
We are uncovering better ways of working with movies, doing it and helping others do it. Through ourwork we have come to value:
Individuals and interactions over processes and tools
Ethical filmmakers over get rich schemes
Audience collaboration over old school marketing Innovation and failing over tradition and playing safe
Responding to change over following a plan
That is, while there is value in the items on the right, we value the items on the left more. Our aim is to be ethical, as Dogwoof, as our staff, and encourage all of our trading partners to act ethically as well. It’s not just good, it’s good for business.
Dogwoof is committed to providing leadership and promoting sustainability within film.
Concern for the environment and promoting a broader sustainability agenda are integral to Dogwoof’s professional activities and the management of the organisation.
We aim to follow and to promote good sustainability practice, to reduce the environmental impacts of all our activities and to help our clients and partners to do the same.
We will endeavour to review, report, and to continually strive to improve our sustainability performance. And ensure that all staff are fully aware of our Sustainability Policy and are committed to implementing and improving it.
Dogwoof will implement and maintain sustainability polices focussed on:
- economic, (ethical business practise)
- environmental (recycled content, sourcing of materials, transport impacts, use of toxic materials)
- social (community relations, equality, slave labour)
Practical steps: In order to put these principles into practice we have initiated the following activities:
- Our staff walk, cycle and/or use public transport to attend work and meetings
- To facilitate regular client contact, we provide a web cam video conference room to staff / clients free of charge
Purchase of equipment and consumption of resources
- Minimise our use of paper and other office consumables
- As far as possible arrange for the reuse or recycling of office waste, including paper & computer supplies
- Purchase fair-trade and/or organic beverages
- Ensure that any associates that we employ take account of sustainability issues in their advice to clients
- Ensure that our clients and business partners are aware of our Sustainability Policy
Areas for future improvement
- Purchase electricity from a supplier committed to renewable energy
- Review transport options for visiting talent e.g. green taxis
- Improved Recycling bins / options - Review our Bank for ethical and sustainable policy
For some examples of our Policy in action check out
- DVD Packaging Recyclable
- Age of Stupid Green Carpet Premiere